Thread: Which Browning?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 653

To keep on point, any Browning you chose you will like. I really like the short bolt throw. It's nice when you're shooting 40-50 rounds a day. It saves you from knuckle banging your optics all day. Remmy's make some nice rifles also. Lots of shooters on my team use them. I really cant knock them. They are cheaper to build and have a reasonably good frame to start with.
A bolt .270 will have a good bit of recoil. Maybe too much for an 11/yo. Just my opinion. Try someone's 270 ad see if he likes it. For you, recoil is no prob on that round. Then theres the B.O.S.S. It will kick like a .223 and sound like a howitzer. The muzzle blast alone can cause a flinch. But, with hearing protection should be no problem. Try it out.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Lol. I just wanna see this 1.25" group at 500 yds
Im at work for another two weeks. When I get back I have a shoot with some S.R.T. guys in Florida. Ill record some shot groups and have the range master verify.

I say we make a wager. You name the terms and how to prove these shot groups (within reason) and I'll come up with the payment terms. Let, me know if your game.

Heres some things I'll need to get the group.
I need at least 12-14 shots to gauge my crosswinds. Also, maybe a few more depending on the temp. I will be shooting from a bipod with a rear sandbag (for rear support from my shoulder, not to isolate the rifle) and a spotter calling in my shots. That about covers it.