Thread: Which Browning?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338
Default no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwane View Post
To keep on point, any Browning you chose you will like. I really like the short bolt throw. It's nice when you're shooting 40-50 rounds a day. It saves you from knuckle banging your optics all day. Remmy's make some nice rifles also. Lots of shooters on my team use them. I really cant knock them. They are cheaper to build and have a reasonably good frame to start with.
A bolt .270 will have a good bit of recoil. Maybe too much for an 11/yo. Just my opinion. Try someone's 270 ad see if he likes it. For you, recoil is no prob on that round. Then theres the B.O.S.S. It will kick like a .223 and sound like a howitzer. The muzzle blast alone can cause a flinch. But, with hearing protection should be no problem. Try it out.

Hope this helps

Im at work for another two weeks. When I get back I have a shoot with some S.R.T. guys in Florida. Ill record some shot groups and have the range master verify.

I say we make a wager. You name the terms and how to prove these shot groups (within reason) and I'll come up with the payment terms. Let, me know if your game.

Heres some things I'll need to get the group.
I need at least 12-14 shots to gauge my crosswinds. Also, maybe a few more depending on the temp. I will be shooting from a bipod with a rear sandbag (for rear support from my shoulder, not to isolate the rifle) and a spotter calling in my shots. That about covers it.
Im not trying to bet you cant do it, Im just saying from my own experience and the responses from several competitive shooters is that to consistently shoot .25 moa with that rifle would be slim and none. It could be done but not likely. and being as I'm not a betting man on anything, I aint putting my money on it. I would just like to see it. and not just one 3 shot string. I'd like to see like 3 sets of 5 shot strings holding .25moa at 500yds cuz thats what makes your gun a 1/4 gun not a single 3 shot string. but from your responses you seem to already know that and have confidence that you can. I would just like to see it. and if you can then you need to start competing