View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabwiz2 View Post
Wish I woud have known you were from the site I would have at least introduced myself.

Same here man, it's amazing how this site brings people together. We launched in Grand Chenier and I was surprised to see anyone at that rig. We caught all of ours on the upcurrent side of the platforms we fished, biggest was in the 1st picture posted on this thread. Both of our ling came off of white bucktail jigs w/ black eel trailers. We had two nice ones, nothing to brag about, but about noon we had some monsters!!! We had 3 big boys togehter on a satellite caisson well to the west. I told my 15 y/o to grab his Calcutta 400 and get to the front of the boat. The jig was not in the water 2 seconds when the biggest one inhaled it! I told my wife, now we are getting ready to see some $hat! The fish spit the hook after 2 short runs. I hollered at him to stick him harder next time.

You guessed it, 1 minute later they came back and he sticks the second one. He watched him drive the hook twice into this fish w/ powerpro line screaming. Somehow, he lost that one as well!!! He was not a happy camper!! Those fish were well over the 50# mark. Haven't seen any that big in our area for years.

Did you guys see any tripletail in the grass mats. I was very disappointed for that, but the grass seemed a little farther out than normal.