Thread: Deer Season
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Maybe so. lol Man i have not even come close to seeing any of these deer. The guy that owns the property next to mine told me last year that he quit hanging his cameras b/c the monster bucks he sees on them drive him nuts. On this piece of property, we usually get 1 nice buck a year, nothing like the ones pictured though. I am a big duck hunter. I deer hunted almost every weekend when i was a kid and just kinda got sick of it I guess. But I bow hunt very hard during October, b/c I can't duck hunt. Bow season, IMO, is the best time to get a shot on that big boy. No one has been in the woods in months, besides me 2 or 3 times filling feeders, hangin bow stands, and checking cameras. The deer have no clue you are there. On this place, once rifle season opens, the deer scatter. I have seen very nice bucks the last few years opening weekend of bow season. I am gonna hang some cameras pretty soon and I will post some pics to get yall a little more fired up!
I here ya on getting the big ones. Me and a buddy on my lease had 4 deer last year that would go between 125" and 140" on camera almost every night. It caused me to hunt the same spot way to much imo. One of the big bucks we had on camera was killed it was the bottom right pic. I posted on here it was a 129" 8 point weight 242 lbs.. Before I started putting out cameras 2 years ago I moved around alot and killed alot better deer and that is what i will be doing again this year.