View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843
Arrow Best "Bang for your Buck" boats

The reason for this thread is to see some different opinions on what other things people think about before purchasing a boat. I will be buying very very soon and I want to make sure I make a good purchase that I wont regret later on.

First off, This is kinda what I'm looking for in a bay boat. I want a 22' boat (fiberglass), that handles well in chop and has a pretty dry ride. I would love to get the new VMAX SHO, but will probably end up with a yamaha 4 stroke 225-250 range. I have my eye on a few types of boat, but this is where it gets tricky for me. I definitely want to get the most boat for the money I spend. I am looking at a few Shearwater and Pathfinder boats, but I have seen a few Blazer bays and Nautic stars where I could get "more boat" for less money. Obviously since the Shearwaters and Pathfinders are more expensive boat. Is this more of a status symbol thing or are these boats really that much of a better boat? What do you guys think are the best bang for your buck boats out there?

I am more interested in what you guys think in the boat and motor aspect. I will add on accessories as need if the boat I buy doesnt have it. Hope to get alot of imput, so I make sure I make the most informative purchase as I can. I havent ridden in every brand of boat out there, so I figure I can get some good input from guys that have. I also will not purchase anything till after the Boat show in New Orleans in March.