View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
One of our guides used to strike net trout. Unbelievable stories. I do think that added pressure from anglers can hurt our fishery. With that being said, pressure plus the restriction of water flow from the marshes will equal disaster. But, we can't change how the lake is "setup" with the weirs and what not. Are there any logical solutions to restoring marshland? How can WE, as anglers, help out this species along with others for longevity purposes?
I wish those old timers would of took pics of the trout that came from those nets....earlist pics I can find in our family photos is some of my great grand paw with some trout after hurricane Audrey...
He was a preacher here in Jennings and pulled bodies from the marsh and lake for weeks.
Picture was taken of him and several guys who fished one afternoon during the clean up... My dad thinks it was about 4 weeks after the storm.... They are hold up about 25 to 30 trout and all look 7lb plus...maybe bigger.. There is also a news paper clipping with this picture in it... Tells the story of the 15 guys who spent days pulling body's out of the water and how they never left until the job was complete (all were volunteers)