View Single Post
  #13  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Gar Fish,
You and i have fished that island for many a year. The spot by the old pilings was open to the marsh when the oil hit the beach. So who knows how far or how much oil got into the marsh back there.
I can't see how they will ever be able to say it's clean.
I believe that we will be seeing tar balls wash up on our beach's for many years to come.
I'm sure there will be tarballs washing up... But my dad tells me when he was young there would be tarballs all over the beach. Didn't seem to hurt the fishing back then.... I'm not downgrading the potential environmental impact but oil seeps from the ocean floor all the time. The same oil that was spilled in the disaster... If it was processed that would be a different story but it's a naturally occurring substance. I'm not an expert and I don't claim to be that is all just my opinion
Reply With Quote