SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040
Default BP and Elmer's Island

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/15/gul...ex.html?hpt=C1

Interesting read.......
Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

What a load of BS....cleaner than before the spill my azz
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Very good.

Only a little built in bias
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I got a report from some people that were birdwatching that had special permission and says there were 'millions' of tar balls washing on shore 2 weeks ago
Old 04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Flounder

Cash: 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfish View Post

Very interesting and point taken...but c'mon man! Maybe I've gotten bad information...but it seems to me that BP has done a fairly decent job with the clean up...and whoever thinks that this isn't going to be a recurring issue for us and generations to come is simply naive.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

i've worked the cleanup and live in houma, and fish in the some effected areas. All i can say is , even if they payed for the damages, they'd still be getting away by miles. It's all a bunch of bull****, lies, and everyone involved is in it to get money. Why is it that the fishermen and oilfield workers are the first to see th oil, yet last to receive a penny from bp?oil politicians pretend like they care, but once they receive that cut from bp, they shut they mouth and cater to themselves with new vehicles, ipads, new laptops, rock concerts, paying for their next campaign, yet the little people, the ones truly affected and nearing poverty levels------get left out in the cold. it's all HUSH money , and don't think it stops at the shrimpers, from the coast guard, to the local leaders. Hell all the way up to the booby jindal himself. WHAT tHE **** WAS / IS them sand berms for? way to burn 20 mill bobby. (lets not mention his last banquet being sponsored by a company, being paid to investigate bp claims?) im threw here, i never thought of myself to be the "current event" guy.....**** im only 24, but the ****ing foolerythese mother ****ers running our country gets away with.........i cant even forget to wipe one time without hearing some kind of ****!!!lol
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexed62381 View Post
Very interesting and point taken...but c'mon man! Maybe I've gotten bad information...but it seems to me that BP has done a fairly decent job with the clean up...and whoever thinks that this isn't going to be a recurring issue for us and generations to come is simply naive.
I actually agree with this, BP has done more than most would have done. They are still there a year after and thats good, most would have been gone long ago, and security is needed to keep people not only away from equipment but could you imagine the lawsuits if people were on the beach and exposed to oil? Especially a bunch of democrats from New Orleans!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
i've worked the cleanup and live in houma, and fish in the some effected areas. All i can say is , even if they payed for the damages, they'd still be getting away by miles. It's all a bunch of bull****, lies, and everyone involved is in it to get money. Why is it that the fishermen and oilfield workers are the first to see th oil, yet last to receive a penny from bp?oil politicians pretend like they care, but once they receive that cut from bp, they shut they mouth and cater to themselves with new vehicles, ipads, new laptops, rock concerts, paying for their next campaign, yet the little people, the ones truly affected and nearing poverty levels------get left out in the cold. it's all HUSH money , and don't think it stops at the shrimpers, from the coast guard, to the local leaders. Hell all the way up to the booby jindal himself. WHAT tHE **** WAS / IS them sand berms for? way to burn 20 mill bobby. (lets not mention his last banquet being sponsored by a company, being paid to investigate bp claims?) im threw here, i never thought of myself to be the "current event" guy.....**** im only 24, but the ****ing foolerythese mother ****ers running our country gets away with.........i cant even forget to wipe one time without hearing some kind of ****!!!lol
True also! BP is NOT making any money from this though, I don't fault them for this but politics as usual. People that work for the public in Biloxi MS are driving in brand new vehicles due to BP money This whole thing stinks of political crap, but BP has been doing quite a job handling it I think.

Being 24 don't mean squat you seem to knowledgeable about this, keep up the fight. I get so mad at politicians it makes me sick. I hate politics but have to follow them to know whats going on and what will be going on in the future for my childs sake, and to me the more politics get involved the more FUBAR things go, get involved man we need more people like you to stay informed and spread the word to others to vote and get rid of the liars up and down the chain
Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Gar Fish,
You and i have fished that island for many a year. The spot by the old pilings was open to the marsh when the oil hit the beach. So who knows how far or how much oil got into the marsh back there.
I can't see how they will ever be able to say it's clean.
I believe that we will be seeing tar balls wash up on our beach's for many years to come.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Definitely agree w/ alot of what you said.
I'm sure there are lies by BP and the Gov't, money exchanged "under the table", "horse and pony show" for CNN, etc.....(BS gettin deep)
They need to make sure it's all cleaned up regardless of all this other BS surrounding the issue. That place is a little piece of heaven for lots of folks including myself. It has many memoires of times well spent there. Like was said in the article, if it's cleaner than before the spill, then "open the gates"!! You don't have anything to hide, right BP, right Gov't??? pffft
Old 04-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Flounder

Cash: 670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
True also! BP is NOT making any money from this though, I don't fault them for this but politics as usual. People that work for the public in Biloxi MS are driving in brand new vehicles due to BP money This whole thing stinks of political crap, but BP has been doing quite a job handling it I think.

Being 24 don't mean squat you seem to knowledgeable about this, keep up the fight. I get so mad at politicians it makes me sick. I hate politics but have to follow them to know whats going on and what will be going on in the future for my childs sake, and to me the more politics get involved the more FUBAR things go, get involved man we need more people like you to stay informed and spread the word to others to vote and get rid of the liars up and down the chain
Old 04-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Tripletail

i dont believe nothng they say, i've saw the lies made to fishermen, promised work, i've seen the clean up efforts and it's amazing how un orgainzed a group of grown ups could call the efforts they were making --WORk. they continue to try to pull out, but at the same time, more and more oil, tar bars wash ashore. the big wigs turn a blind eye,, and our precious fishing grounds continue to be destroyed. you have to talk to the old folks, the folks that been through most of everything. They'll tell you something aint right. that something just dont smell right.

when it comes to BP,

believe half what what you see,
nothing that you hear.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Gar Fish,
You and i have fished that island for many a year. The spot by the old pilings was open to the marsh when the oil hit the beach. So who knows how far or how much oil got into the marsh back there.
I can't see how they will ever be able to say it's clean.
I believe that we will be seeing tar balls wash up on our beach's for many years to come.
I'm sure there will be tarballs washing up... But my dad tells me when he was young there would be tarballs all over the beach. Didn't seem to hurt the fishing back then.... I'm not downgrading the potential environmental impact but oil seeps from the ocean floor all the time. The same oil that was spilled in the disaster... If it was processed that would be a different story but it's a naturally occurring substance. I'm not an expert and I don't claim to be that is all just my opinion
Old 04-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

There have alwys been tarballs on SW La. beaches for as long as I can remember.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

We have allways seen a few tarballs on the beach at fourchon , elmers and grand isle.
But nothing like what they are seeing now. What i am more worried about is the very large area of the marsh that got heavy oil in it behind elmers isle.
There is no way that anyone can clean this up. There was a cut that opened up from the gulf into the marsh during katrina / rita that they threw a boom in front of that the oil went over or under or around . Flooding many acres of prime redfishing water and marsh w/ oil. Just my opinion , But i feel this is the reason that elmers is still closed.
Beachs can be scraped and dug out and resanded but this area of the marsh is only acessable by mud motor or air boat.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Tripletail

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/119470189.html

it'll be some **** if they try something like this....dont be surprised
Old 04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
We have allways seen a few tarballs on the beach at fourchon , elmers and grand isle.
But nothing like what they are seeing now. What i am more worried about is the very large area of the marsh that got heavy oil in it behind elmers isle.
There is no way that anyone can clean this up. There was a cut that opened up from the gulf into the marsh during katrina / rita that they threw a boom in front of that the oil went over or under or around . Flooding many acres of prime redfishing water and marsh w/ oil. Just my opinion , But i feel this is the reason that elmers is still closed.
Beachs can be scraped and dug out and resanded but this area of the marsh is only acessable by mud motor or air boat.

I remember having to mop the floor of the black stains in the camp when I would wear my shoes i waded in the surf with inside. (should have listened to mama and took em off outside)
There would be tar balls on the beach and they would smear on your clothes and body after a day of play out there @ Fourchon and Elmers.
I think that's the prob Eman. That marsh grass will be hard to clean up back there because of not being able to access it very easily.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/119470189.html

it'll be some **** if they try something like this....dont be surprised

"Cover Up" sounds bout right.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:

B.S. you know booms block oil there's no way oil can go around the power of the boom! those booms were a joke I saw all the booms in the pearl river during the spill with all the reporters lining the banks for a camera shot, I thought this was a joke there wasn't a drop of oil anywhere close! those booms could of been placed somewhere they were needed! not that they really worked anyway!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

watch CBS nat. news monday salty cajun member BIOID will be gettin interviewed again he is a marine biologist for lsu and is working for the state v. bp