View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
No I dont...Reason is 70% of the boats dont catch fish.... Like said before when a study was check it was like 5 trout per boat...

300 boats that is 1500 trout

I would say on weekends its less than 5 trout per boat.... You would be surprised at what you would see at the landings....

They had a game warden checking for redfish last year at Heberts (wanted ear bones)....out of 145 boats in one day ....she checked it has less than one red per boat..and she said about 3 trout....

guides will take the numbers and the rest are well below adv....

Sit at Hebert and drink beer about 12...and ask to look at every icechest that comes in and count.....I never counted but I have ask....lol....

If you catch 3000 trout today....the tide will bring 3000 in...and the tide will send half back out to never return...
Have you ever fished offshore for trout? I bet less than half those trout never come into a lake...

I have tagged about 60 trout at the 1st rigs and never had them caught anywhere yet
I do get your point and I know there are a bunch of pilgrims out there, but it seems there are also alot more guides as well.

I have read the trout don't come in and out of the Lake like many thought they did.

I can also attest that catching consistently on Big Lake is challenging unless you put your time in. Not any Joe blow can launch and come back with a limit. You put in your water time to catch like you do I'm sure.