View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258
Default Dularge 6-29,7-1

Made a 2 day trip yesterday and today out in the gulf. Started the morning yesterday hanging around the coast till the big thunderstorm passed,then headed offshore. Finally got into some nice fish on plastics around a rig,and was keeping up with the guides from cocodrie using minnows,until their minnows finally overpowered our plastics. Left early this morning to get back to the spot we caught at yesterday,but found it not like we left it. The water was a little more stained,and a ripping current. Tides werent at all as predicted,but we gave it our best shot. Then, my son catches a hardhead,and uses the flipper to flip it off. I hear him holler,and look back and the hardhead is stuck in the top of his foot about 3/4 of the way in. We ended up having to yank it,and then dressed it with peroxide and antibiotic creme,and gave him some asprin. He moaned and groaned for a while,layed down for about 30 minutes,then was back up at em again. Thankful it didnt break off in his foot. Little while later, a hynie full of S/C dudes pull up. Looked like Calcutta and crew. Wanted to troll over say hello,but was afraid one of the hundred boats would steal my spot.lol They were slinging the trout pretty good,even after the boat with the hot pink distraction about anchored on top of em. (I think we need to make a special hand signal,gang symbol,S/C flag or something that would let other guys know that we are a Salty Cajun Member!!) Although the bite was slower than yesterday, we still managed a nice mess of fish today. Another good time making some fun and painful memories with my son.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1196.jpg (64.4 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1200.jpg (106.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1201.jpg (90.8 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1216.jpg (104.4 KB, 221 views)