Thread: Fishing Bow!!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,260

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
Try again......you need to learn how to shoot.....I've been bowhunting & shooting competition 3D all over the US with compounds since the early 80's, i've shot my share of long, recurve & cross bows, a cross bow can't compete with a good compound, in fps & accuracy, been thru this a thousand times, same crap as the arti vs live thread.
I hate to break this to you but a crossbow is close to 10-50 fps than a compound. The Matthews Monster is the fastest Bow I have ever shot with a 400 grain arrow and it tops out at about 350 with a 76 lb. draw weight. I am a firm believer also that if you are in good shape and can use a compund you should. the problem with crossbows is that to many archers treat them like a gun and do not practice nearly as much as they should. I shoot year round with my bow just to stay dialed in. Hunters bringing cross bows into the woods are shooting alot of the deer and are not hitting them in the sweet spot and they run off for long distances before dying and thus they are unable to retrieve the deer and the meat is wasted.
That being said crossbows are faster, can be more accurate if practiced with more, there major downfall is they are a hell of a lot louder than compund bows.