View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfeatherfur View Post
as a former sheriff's deputy, i can say i have accidentally forgotten to give a driver's license back on numerous occasions. It is usually pretty comical, hauling buttt down the road to stop a driver you just wrote a ticket to. They usually go - "what now?" or, "did you forget to give me another ticket". I would, in my most polite voice, hang my head and say "sorry, i forgot to return your license". Most of the time they would laugh, sometimes they would curse me, but whatever.

Their is a good chance the guy just forgot to return it to you and since he did not write a ticket, he doesn't know who you are. Guys, i am not going into any debate again over drug searches, rights, and so on. I will tell you if you call the department, and ask to speak to the patrol supervisor, explain what happen, they will probably track down your knife and gladly return it to you. Things happen, i don't see what the big deal is about just picking up the phone and making a call. "hey, i was checked at a dwi detail last night and the officer took my knife while they searched my truck". "can i get it back please". It may have even been filmed which is what most departments do.

great reply all it takes is a simple call