View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I was originally not a fan of the AR, to tell you the truth - I hated them. I started out my SOT career w/ a H&K MP-5 that was a dream to shoot. Then we went to AR-15, M-4 configurations to mimic the "military" and be like the big boys. But it took me a long time to make people understand what was painfully obvious - law enforcement/civilian protection is not military and should not be confused with such. Then all the hoopla about this add on and that add on, before you know- it looks like you have a coffee maker attached to the dang gun.

It boils down to me wanting a gun that is dependable, easy to deploy from it's hiding place, easy to swing, and can help me bring the fight to a rapid conclusion. I don't need a forward assist......I don't need a dust cover.........I don't need a Superman x-ray vision 98793lumen light...........I don't need a superlongrange poly coated composite based bi-pod...........and all that other stuff.

I want a rifle that will put alot of rounds through a car door of the Oldsmobile 98 with the tinted windows rolling up my driveway to do the home invasion robbery!!!! If they get to my door before I get the rifle, I have a nice P-220 Sig that will make a good billy club when I run out of rounds in that clip. I would much rather be in a fire fight with a handgun at close quarters anyway!