View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
We have more public hunting land available than most states, especially up north. It seems crowded, but you don't know crowded til you go to Arkansas and hunt public land. For every good picture someone posts up there are hundreds of people who scratched that day. Same with fishing, you see a pic of limits and people think they can just go up and do that. Again, Louisiana KILLS more ducks than ANY STATE. How is duck hunting dead in Louisiana? We are also starting to get more whistling ducks hanging around and bw teal are staying here during the winter which is really adding to the number of ducks wintering down here. We have it GREAT. You want to kill mallards consistently go to Kansas or Oklahoma or Arkansas, but you will pay out the butt in Arkansas for prime hunting ground, fo revery good blind there are 10 'garholes'.
No need for public land to hunt on up north, permission to hunt ag fields is too easy to get. I'm not saying our hunting sucks or is dead, I'm saying it is better up north. I have friends who go to Oklahoma every year and smash ducks and geese but kill few geese here. All I'm trying to say is the hunting is better up there due to the lack of pressure.