View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
What???? So you don't care if your arrow are "fishing tailing" while flying toward the target?

Maybe you bought your bow and were "lucky" to have had it tuned just right by someone that really knew how to properly tune a bow.

IMO...... tunning a bow so it shoots an arrow smoothly [accurately] is just as import as practicing shooting your bow.

If a bow is not set up just right.....the arrow will be "wobbling" as it flies toward the target. You may not see it wobbling, but if the bow launches the arrow "crooked", it will not fly smoothly.

I would paper tuned my bow, but the next year I had to make some adjustments again to get it back to shooting "builets" holes in the paper. So, years ago I starting reading up on bow tunning and found information on different ways to test a bow "tuning". Many of the articles that I read only covered some of the things to do.

I had never considered checking or making adjustments for what they called the "till". My bow "till" was not correct and after making adjustments, the arrows flight was really much smoother.

Craig..... As far as broadheads go, I got into bow hunting 27 years ago and there were a lot cheap broadheads on the market. I tried one of the first mechanicals that came out and it was an epic failure when I shot a deer with it. There are a bunch of very good mechanicals sold now.

I have been shooting the 100 gr Thunderheads for 15 years and have not found a reason to change. I find the Thunderheads do about the same damage to a deer as my .243 cal rifle.

If you would like some assistance in checking and adjusting your bow tunning, I would be glad to have you come over and see if we can improve your arrow flight. Just about anytime is good for me.
They were asking about tunning arrows! And yes of course my bow is tuned!