View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604
Default Trinity Bay - Late Report 9/3/12

Mallardfish made the trek from Louisiana and met me out on Trinity Bay on Monday for a Labor Day excursion. When we left the launch we were greeted with a 15mph south wind that quickly put an end to any thought of fishing where I wanted to as the lake was covered with 2 footers. Made a couple of moves and found some clean water in the shallows with several mud boils but just couldn't get the fish to bite. Not wanting to give up, we made a long run and found some green water and it was on from there. The wind suddenly died around 10:00 and we were literally catching fish every cast. I think we caught everything but the kitchen sink including some "trophy lady fish", croaker, redfish, and well over 100 trout, the vast majority of which were 13"-14" inches and had to go back, but we had a great time nonetheless.

All fish caught on YM jigheads using limetreuse split tails and maniacs. Ended up catching em in 6'-8' foot of water over mud. And another plus, not a single potlicker all day long!!!

Will post some pics when I can.