View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:10 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by cduhon View Post
I have the Cabelas CG-15 and well worth the money. I have been through about 5 other brands ( Foodsaver, Hamilton Beach, Black and Decker), they were all decent but do not even compare to the Cabelas commercial sealer. You pay for it but it is worth every penny. I make lots of duck and deer sausage and other brands always overheat and take forever. The commercial one from Cabelas is awesome. Quick, Easy, Strong, and has auto and manual mode which is great for sausage and fish. I also buy my bags offline from http://www.webstaurantstore.com. I get 100 bags for same price as 15 at Wal-Mart or Academy. Same mil thickness and awesome bags.

The Cabelas unit is always on sale. Get the 11" or 15". I saw one on sale last week for $100 off. Trust me. I have burnt up several from stores and nothing compares.

This might be the tip that makes vacuum sealing cost effective. Every time my wife and I have penciled things out, we decided to stick with ziplock freezer bags, because we weren't willing to bet on the commercial until lasting for over a decade to provide a cost savings with the high cost of the vacuum bags. Next time we're running low on ziplock bags (we have hundreds) we should redo the math with bags from the web restaurant store.