View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Got 7+1 in my 12 guage. I can't leave it out though with having youngsters in the house. Our pistols are up high, where the kids can't get...yet.

What model shotgun do you have that holds 8 rounds?

I have an 870 pump that hold 5, is there an extended tube available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_snipe View Post
She should be appplauded. Too bad she missed (yeah I know she connected with 5 out of 6 rounds but he walked away so she missed).

Now all the comments about kids brings to mind a question. Who has shown their kids all of their firearms and how to load them & make them safe? Are they or have they handled each of their firearms?

Yeah I know that is more than a question but here is my rationale behind it. I believe if you show your children what your weapon is and what it will do. then how to safely handle it under supervision you take the mystery and awe away so they will obey the rules and better yet know how to SAFELY handle it if presented with an unexpected occurance. I believe everyone should be taught how to safely handle a firearm whether they ever take up shooting or not or even like firearms.

Now my choice for in home defense is 12 gauge loaded with bird or squirrel shot. Why that load you say? Simple at 15 to 20 which is in home shooting distance squirrel or bird shot will penetrate a persons torso with a small spread and not penetrate the wal behind him that buckshot may. Perp is just as dead and not going to repeat the offense.

I agree with this. My son (8) knows how to load and unlaod all my guns, I only have 4.

One time on the way to the duck blind we were walking the Marsh and jumped a deer. My buddy raised up and shot it in the neck from about 20 yards with 3" #7 steel shot and dropped it in its tracks. If it can kill a deer it can kill a human.