Thread: Red snapper
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
I actually agree with W, the oil companies are doing what they are required to do. And who wouldn't do something the cheapest way that gets the same end result = removal of the platform. There is blame being placed all over the place here and its crazy. There is a program in place for this very thing, its called Rigs to Reefs. Oil companies can donate the platforms for this. This fund has been raided by politicians in our very own state. If this had been the federal gov't that raided this fund there would be 5,000 threads about how Obama is killing all the red snapper inn order to feed crackheads on welfare or something along those lines. Its been headlined in many newspapers, Jindal is kinda in hot water over this, here is a link but there are many morehttp://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness...190320191.html
Yeah I heard about that and I saw it on the agenda...hopefully they will be able to stop them from doing it any more. I would think the oil companies would have grounds for a suit since they are misappropriating the funds that were to be used specifically for the rigs to reefs program. An even worse scenario is that they would stop participating in the program altogether.