View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
These self-proclaimed greatest bowhunters .......are they brothers from a nearby town. If so, I hunted up there this fall with a guy that had a problem with them a year or 2 back. My firend had found 2 of there tri-pod stands while one of the brothers was hunting on it. They exchanged words and the next day his tires were cut. The Game Wardens know about these 2 guys but just can't catch them.
There are a couple sets of them, but yes they are all from nearby like Delhi, Tallulah, and all the little towns in between. They will do anything to kill bigger deer than the others. Jughead is the nickname of one of them. I wouldn't call anyone out usually but this guy has been caught before more than once, so he is guilty. He hangs around the Sharkey area mainly. There are some others like you mentioned that hunt the reforested areas and hunt from tripods. Every year there are meetings at the headquarters and these are the ones who think they run the show and voice their opinions the loudest and the ones that really don't like people from south Louisiana coming to hunt 'their' refuge. The reason your friends tires got cut are likely due to the south Louisiana thing unfortunately