View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Problem is those 6 women jurors are not gonna want to be held responsible for all the rioting so they will charge him with the lesser charge of manslaughter not knowing what the penalties are. In Florida manslaughter is life in prison. What's sad is our country is afraid to let a free man walk because a certain group of people are threatening to riot. Thing is they are going to riot whether he's guilty or not. Soooo. Lot em riot. They're just gonna tear their own **** up anyways and kill each other.
The jury are supposed to be secluded from any news or commentary on the trial. Theoretically they should have no inclination as to the threats of riots if a not guilty verdict is reached. I really wish the cameras would have shown the jury so we could have seen their reactions to certain testimonies. Maybe I am naive, but I truely believe that justice will prevail in this case. The states entire case was riddled with reasonable doubt. If there was no evidence of a second degree charge, I cannot see where the evidence would substantiate a manslaughter charge. But then again, the judge shot down the defense's request of an acquittal quicker than I can blink. She actually said that there was both direct and circumstantial evidence to bring the charge to the jury. It's obvious that she doesn't want the blood on her hands IF riots were to occur. And that's a BIIIIIG IF.