View Single Post
  #17  
Old 07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
rocky's pal's Avatar
rocky's pal rocky's pal is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Leesville, LA
Posts: 45
Cash: 1,110
Default

I love my I-Pilot, it works great! I'll echo what meaux fishing has said, used it on the beach in some big time swells, offshore at the rigs in some fantastic current, strong winds on Big Lake.

Now Clampy, it won't hold you precisely at a given location, but whatever the radius of selective availability. So there is some slop in the system, but for most applications, you're gonna fall in love with it. One of the best applications I can think of is those times when you're involved with something other than fishing (retying a lure, netting a fish, getting drinks, etc.).

Another plus, now you can give up the front deck to your friends and you still have control of your boat. Pretty slick.

I heard the same thing about the battery going out, so I now carry the foot pedal along.

I'm in the process of changing over to I-link, same thing, just more spot lock waypoints, I-tracks and options. This will be great for slow trolling white perch on Toledo Bend.
Reply With Quote