View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596
Default Best in the duck blind expierience...

Please don't highjack. I like to hear ppls stories about their craziest time in a duck blind.

Ill start...

About 10-12 yrs back I was hunting in intracoastal and it just so happened that 10min before shooting light a front was moving through. You could see the dark wall of clouds way off against the the canal a good ways away. Through the clouds as high as you could see with what light we had emerged a wall of ducks drove after drove after drove of tightly packed wads of migrating ducks big and small. Thousands upon thousands of birds and it seemed like it lasted for 10min but really only for about 2-3min. I couldn't put a number on it really and truly nothing short of amazing. After they passed and it came to shooting time it seemed like the sky was always full of ducks that morning we were able to pass on teal and every other duck and shoot greenheads and drake pins. Never had to call really but the old man still did but truthfully we could only load up and get ready for next flight. We finished out limit in 30 or so min. And watched for the next thirty in amazement. If only I had a go pro or a smartphone..... Never seen as many ducks again after that day. Don't think I will. But hope to when I have kids so they can fall in love with the outdoors like I did.