Thread: V-Bay
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Default V-Bay

Sunday Report

Well got in the water about 6:30 am @ ICY.. Hit the bay; I could tell wind was blowing...

Off we went to get some liveys at hog bayou weir.. Got there, tide coming in over weir.. Sh T..

Castneted for 1.5 hrs TRYING to catch some live bait.. 3 shrimps, Some big pogie, and a few finger mullet.. No croaks

Got to the GOM and it was a little bumpy.. A good 1-3 seas out of WSW.. It laid down to 1-2's about 12 noon..

Decided to go to Pavy's .. Well water was cloudy.. Didn't even stop..

Off we went south.. First stop awesome wawa. SAW one boat, fished for about 30 minutes .. A couple of small white trout..

Well "let's go to the next one" I said.. Well just start to get FinChaser on step.. I see a large trash bag floating..

Well I slow to crawl and turn around and get up wind of it and float in..

Yea U guessed IT .. A 5-7# Trip just laying underneath it.. Well I cast a gulp shrimp about 12" under a cork.. Bring it right to him..

He spooks and goes down, my partner throws a swim bait nothing..

Well we chased this trip for a 30-45 minutes.. Never could get him to eat.

So we head south to deep water.. Then we start seeing dead lily patches.. Some Big; some small..

Started sight fishing for Trips.. After about 3 of them seeing nothing.. Idled around one of the smaller patches (PU bed size) We see a monster Trip on it..

It had to be 24-30" long.. Cast a live shrimp to him he swims the other way back under the lilies.. Never saw him again.

Long story short.. We ended up SEEING 4 nice trips .. Didn't get a bite from one of them.. Oh I remember they are overfished.

Off we go headed south.. Get to my spot.. Anchor up... Nice current.. Waters awesome..

First cast , cut line, second cast cut line..

After about 45 minutes we move to a platform.. First cast; wham. Lady fish comes out the wawa about 4 ft..

Finally get to bottom with livey's.. After losing a few on short strikes.. Finally the first trout..

That was it for an hr.. Well we decide to go north.. Stopped at another rig..

Ended up catching one trout..

Finally we decide it's a wrap.. And start heading North.. Get back to ICY about 4 pm..

Total for the day 88 miles = 2 trout.. LONG DAY.. Fished Hard... Never could catch some croakers for bait.. Damn.

Biggun

I fished everything in the 88 mile round trip out of ICY.. 2 trout..