Thread: New Deer Stand
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default New Deer Stand

Just finished a new stand on a very large plot on acreage we acquired at our place in MS. We are always looking for new and better ways to make our club nice, without breaking the bank. Figured I would share this in case someone else has some ideas to help us. We wanted a stand that would last, and room enough for an adult and 2 kids, or two hunters and a tripod. This little section holds tons of deer, and was an old farmstead on 60 acres. It has a 50 yard walk down a gravel driveway (old road to home that is no longer there). There is a pond next to the stand, adn the food plot is made to have two plots in the shape of a big "V". It is placed where the entire window is looking at the "V", with the highway to the back of the stand. We had some steel for the roofing, and one 4x4 treated post leftover from previous projects. With everything else being new, right now I have $242 in this one. It is basically a 4'x8' 3/4 plywood floor, boxed in and I used treated fence board as siding. Running my air compressor on my generator with nail gun made quick work. Only have a few minor details left on next trip, install heater and put carpet down. I am also installing a galvanized corner edge on the outside corners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stand 1.jpg (65.8 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg stand2.jpg (54.2 KB, 297 views)