View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505
Default Sherbune Thunder Chicken 3-25-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
Yes if you thought that bird was still in the tree when the shot went off good chance he was. It's too bad but that's the way it is sometimes on public land birds in La. Makes it that much sweeter when you get him.

We had to cross the bayou to get to the one we got yesterday. From Lance's scouting trips the bird had been roosted across the bayou but flying across to our side. Yesterday he flew down and started walking away. By the time he got the boat and I stayed on bayou to listen to him it sounded like he was headed back to the roost tree. We got in the woods and hit the call. We heard him gobble a ways off but closed the distance to 150 or so. He gobbled, we set up and he came in gobbling and strutting.

That's awesome. I love it out there. Birds are so much more cooperative than those damn "hill" turkeys I got in St Francisville and MS. It's so hard to move on em. Wish it was open till Sunday.

Headed to South Carolina Monday night with my buddy Lane to hunt with some friends he has out there. They say they have tons of them.