View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

cant say every beach is the same but most will have at least two sometimes three sandbars, one about 30ft off the beach and then another one about 30ft beyond that one and then the distance or even if there is a third one varies.

I catch most of my fish in the second trough between the first two sand bars by wading out and standing on the first sandbar. the second sand bar can be anywhere from waist deep to neck deep so I usually don't go there and im not set up like MG so I don't have specialty rods that let me cast far to get beyond that third sand bar. I just use my regular 6.5-7' rods.

I have noticed in the first trough next to the beach I find the fish aren't as big and they only seam to be there early and late in low light conditions like dawn and dusk when the wave action is calm and its important to stay back from the edge of the beach and cast, don't stand on the edge of the water. i assume fish don't stay there much because its more turbid water and because of the skinnier water and the big ones are smarter so they don't get in that close.

farther out seams to do better but everything depends on the waves, if the waves are calm the fish are closer in and if not then they move farther out to feed.