View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinSlagle View Post
Thanks folks.

MathGeek, I usually fish the rocks around Holly and always buy my shrimp from Meaux's. I pick up mullet from Cajun Fast Mart in Carlyss, but I wont be going that way this time. I have yet to hook into a bull red at Holly, either the crabs or hardheads get to my bait first. I haven't hardly caught anything since the first time I went down there a couple years back. I did hang something big last year I think it was. It jumped twice and looked like it was about 4 feet long. It hit the rocks just right or something and cut my 65lb steel leader. Still heartbroke on that one.

I just want to find another spot is all. I am drawn to the rocks for some reason like I have to fish there and rarely catch anything.

The sand road on the ridge mentioned by PaulMyers must be what I spotted on the satellite view. As for getting stuck, I have only been stuck twice and that was both times I went offroad. HA. Nah its been good to me, heavier than a Pilot but Mickey Thompson rubber has proved pretty good so far. I should be okay there.

Thanks again,
Mike
We fish Holly east of Holly beach proper, between the town and the channel. With the restored beach there is very little to hang up on. No rocks, just sand and soft bottom.