Thread: Motor Ticking
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
yea well i brought it to family auto, they listened to it and said to put in marvel mystery fluid, told me to check back with them after i did that and send me on my way... i have yet to put anything in motor..

the problem i have is, i bought this truck brand new, never late on oil changes, never ragged it out, i take care of my things, and now it is "ticking"

I do not want my $40K truck to be making noises that it is not supposed to be making.
This is why if i cannot fix the issue myself it goes to a dealer.

There is a lot of guys that believe those "fix-it in a can's" will actually fix issues. Look at it this way... it is just like when you get hurt, what does the doctor OR your mother do first? They give you pain killers... Right? This is what those "fix-it in a can's" are for, to fix the issue quickly and inexpensively. BUT, it is not a long term fix and the issue is still there and needs attention. The longer you go without fixing it, the more you will pay down the road.

Tell us this?

- Is the tick at start up and then fades away as the engine heats up?
- Does the tick get louder as it heats up?
- Is it constant regardless of temp and gets louder with RPM's?
- Can you tell where the tick is coming from when standing over the engine?

There are a few more troubleshooting questions, but these are the most common without looking at the truck.

Good Luck