View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Fishing is not a priority just a nice to do if I get a chance. Brianna is looking at Boulder and Colorado Springs. We go to mountains in the summer to escape the heat so anywhere near New Mexico is out. Thanks for the recommendations. Math Geek where did you live in Colorado?
I lived in Colorado Springs. We always liked the more remote stuff and preferred to avoid stuff like Boulder and Estes Park and the tourist type stuff, heading into the mountains further away from the crowds for camping, hiking, hunting, and fishing. There are some boat-in camp sites on Blue Mesa Reservoir that we really liked. We never figured out the elk hunting, but did a lot of hiking in the mountains with elk rifles.

If you want a couple nice spots to hit near the Springs, visit Pikes Peak and the Air Force Academy. There is a lot of touristy type stuff, depending on what y'all are into. Google searches will make it all clear. Everyone raves about Estes Park, but we never went there, preferring less populated areas.

All the mountains are awesome and beautiful, your basic choice is between built up areas with lots of tourist amenities (Boulder, Estes Park, Vail, etc.) and the more remote stuff (national forests) further from Denver.