Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
yes they lie about it on their own website (its their website so who is going to stop them?) and they also regularly repeat this lie to reporters all the time so there are numerous stories falsely attributing CCA with being GCCA with a new name but lies don't make it true any more then if the website claims to have flying monkeys. but claiming to be the new GCCA helps them raise money and lets them lie and say "look we banned gill nets"

they get away with this lie because back in 1995 there wasn't the internet coverage there is today so if you google GCCA you cant even find any info on it because back then people weren't online 24/7 where everything was recorded and talked about instantly. heck you cant even find info on the gill net ban itself other then government copies of the actual law.

they were smart and they took advantage of a situation where they could steal claim to someone elses work and since GCCA was all volunteer and had disbanded there was no one around and no paperwork around to fight this false claim other then the GCCA members who knew better.

CCA never took over from GCCA because GCCA no longer existed when CCA was formed and no one from the GCCA organization was part of creating CCA, plain and simple as that.
I think you are confused... I could be wrong, but probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk