Thread: Lucky Lure...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 481
Default Lucky Lure...

Early on in my fishing days I was given a drop of wisdom. It wasn't told to me, it was displayed. I was down in the rigolets with my grandfather, dragging a gold johnson spoon and catching a few rats here and there as my grandfather watched his popping cork over a jig with shrimp bob in the water. After a while he asked to see my lure. He looked it over and told me to try tossing his spoon for a minute. That wisdom is that not all spoons are created equal. Five consectutive casts, five consecutive fish. From then on, I was hooked (pun very much intended). I've since had a few of them in the box for every fishing trip, for both fresh and saltwater. I've fished them everywhere from small ponds to the gulf, lake pontchartrain to the pen and it has always produced bites.

I see guys fishing with all kinds of different gold spoons, and yet it seems that this particular lure never caught on (can't even seem to find them in any stores in my area and have only seen them in one particular convenience store down in the Lafitte area) but I'm here to let the cat out of the bag (although they may be wildly popular elsewhere, maybe even on this forum).

For reds, a 1/2 oz, Acme Wob-L-Rite Hammered Gold Spoon will do you right and for specks and even largemouth bass, their 1/4 oz hammered gold offering will get their attention.

Anyone else have a certain lure that is just your go-to, gotta have it in the box or I can't go fishing, lure?

Now, I understand that some fisherman and hunters like to keep their "secrets" close to their vest but I've never been that way. I'll show you on the map where I caught that lunker, what I caught him on and will probably even take you there... lol

So, fess up, which lure in your box seems to have a rabbits foot attached to it?