View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun83 View Post
That's generally how capitalism works. I don't buy from companies that associate with groups that fight against my way of life. It's your money, though, so spend it how you see fit and I'll vote with my wallet.

What if the company supports organizations you support, but most of the employees that make a living in the factory don't? I'm not convinced the stance is validated other than providing yourself with a feeling of utility.

My companies executives have views that directly align with mine, but the other 90% of the company doesn't. It's very difficult to quantify the impact because every dollar you spend will support those that probably despise your existence in one way or another.

I gladly support companies for their stance on issues that I feel strongly about, but won't boycott someone if they make a superior product and have excellent customer service just because. Maybe their factory workers are all staunch gun rights activist and outdoorsmen - now you put them out of a job because their execs gave the equivalent of pennies to a humane society?

Too many variables and indirect impacts that are unseen until you peel the layers back.