View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
You fertilizing that satsuma tree any?
I hit ours every other year pretty good. Also, where is thetree with respect to your house or nearest structure? All of the citrus trees I plant are placed on the South side of the house or a fence or some typr of structure to block the North wind as much as possible.
I hit them with 13-13-13 about a foot away from trunks and circled them with handfuls to see a visible ring on top of the ground. I did this once a month in jan, feb, and march and nothing after that.

as to where, its out in the yard by nothing so its completely in the sun exposed to winds on all sides but im surrounded on all sides in a sub division so there is a 24' wide concrete driveway about 15 ft to the north of it and the house is on the other side of that but its raised 4 ft off the ground.

the ground is mostly hard clay but before planting, I dug a 3ft by 3ft hole to plant it in and filled it with potting soil fertilizer mix before planting the tree. the only other point to mention is im about 2 ft above the water table so at that depth the hole was beginning to slowly fill up with ground water which I "assumed" would be more then enough to supply all its watering needs.