Thread: Gas prices
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
This is a very good explanation of how this effects everyone, cheap gas seems good at first and is a immediate and tangible aspect when at the pump but the big picture is you may have saved 30$ when filling up your boat today but in 6 months you may not be able to even make the boat payment due to job lose

good read, I read a very similar articles about a week ago and it really dug deep into the ripple effects.

Example thats close to home..... good ol John thats got a job as a tool maker in mom and pops oil tooling company for the last few yrs came down to big lake or venice 2 or 3 times a year and hired a guide to fish. Well mom and pop have had to cut back due to the demand for their tooling has been cut by 20% or more, so mom and pop cut back 30% this means good ol John just lost his 30$ an hr job and has to decide to either make his truck payment or hire a fishing guide . So now the guide is having to cut back on his expenses due to lack of customers, so no new boat for the guide next yr. Boat production goes down this means good ol mike now at the boat plant has too look for a new job . Now that there isn't as many workers at the boat plant the food truck that came by at break time isnt coming by, food truck guy is loving the cheap gas but dosent understand why he is losing customers.... its gets crazy stupid .

Your right

I have several big oil companies salesman that use my guide service a lot for there customers every year ..
I'm sure they will not book near what they did this year if oil prices keep falling

Just think about it for all the full time guides who lively hood depends on oil money

Most of your big guide outfits are powered by oil companies who book lots of boats

1st cut of a budget is entertainment !!

This is main reason I will not go full time guide until I retire with 30 years with my company