View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641

As for our blinds in the Coastal Zone ducks were spotty at best. Some days we hammered the pintails with a few mallards and gadwalls mixed in and the next day there wouldn't be a duck. We actually finished very strong at one farm but at one traditionally good blind at another farm it was dead after January 1st. The overall absence of green wing teal is scary.

For geese we did very well at 1 of our farms which more than made up for our frustration at our other farms, One of our blinds did really well until Christmas and then they were gone.

I was disappointed in our 3rd blind because I would have considered it to be one of the best blinds around for specks. We had 5 or 6 great hunts early on but because of the poor duck hunting in their fields our neighbors hunted their goose blinds hard every day for about 3 weeks straight, called constantly, and sky busted everything that came close, and the specks flat out left. Oh and I forgot to mention about the propane cannon in the crawfish pond across the road ...

Just my thoughts.
Robbie aka Big Hutch