View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 01:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by saute86 View Post
My uncle sells propane and propane accessories. He told me that for insurance purposes the exchange program only fills bottles to 13 to 15 pounds. A propane dealer fills to 18 to 20 pounds. So your paying more in more ways than one for the exchange. I only do the exchange when I have a bottle about to expire.
thanks, I didn't know that. I could be wrong but I don't think my local ace used to put more then 12 lbs. I thought that was all they were allowed to fill them.

I never gave much thought to it beyond a place that fills them at the best price so I can see its a good idea to drive farther if you need to so you know its being done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
I have propane refilled at our Uhaul store because they only charge for what you buy....I was doin the Blue Rhino swap which runs $20-25 for a 20lb bottle vs I just had 2 30lb bottles for our camper filled for around $20 for both tanks and they were completely empty
its really strange but I never thought about it being important to shop around for propane places and I just always only looked at the price.

thank you guys for helping me see how important it is to shop around for this stuff, it just never dawned on me before how much different these places can be.