View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post
Where did you get this info? Are you saying it only last 10-15 years?
I had laser surgery for both eyes in 1993 and I am legally blind in my right eye today because of it. it would require contacts in combination with 2 pairs of glasses for me to see clearly and I have to constantly swap glasses out for near or far vision. the contacts are needed to make the glasses work but without the glasses I am even more blind then without wearing contacts so I just don't wear any of them and at least I have the same level of blurry vision all the time.

when you reach age 50 your eyes start to change. between the ages of your teens and 50 your eyes don't change so if you had the procedure when you were 20 then it might be great for 30 years but when the eyes change around age 50 (along with everything else in our bodies lol) your vision will also change and often this change requires some form of vision correction.

last I am aware of, there was no second treatment allowed by the medical approval board but this may have changed, I just haven't kept up with it so I am not 100% certain on it but until I see proof otherwise I will speak what I was told by the last eye doctor I talked to and his answer was no you cant get a second treatment but they can do a touchup treatment at the same time as the first treatment if your vision isn't quite correct, you just cant come back after the eye has healed and redo it.

the problem with this laser surgery is its a one time deal only. they will focus your eyes to see in the here and now today, and if anything changes well you are just S O L because it cant be redone a second time, there are no "tune up" procedures for this.

talk to your doctor he will or should have explained all this to you.

your eyes are the only ones you have, do research and find out all the facts before rushing in to something like this.

http://www.lasikcomplications.com/

http://www.doctoroz.com/article/hard-look-lasik-surgery

Last edited by keakar; 03-30-2015 at 02:18 PM.