View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Default Cash's first fish

We went up to Toledo Bend in late July for a few days to just hang out and relax with the kids. I took my little boy bank fishing not really expecting him to sit long enough to catch anything. He let me help him cast a few times then after that he wanted to do it all by himself. He would cast and immediately reel it in like he was working a spinner bait, but he was having fun so I let him do. Finally, a little bream nibbled at his cricket. Then he realized what we were trying to accomplish. He would cast and sit there watching that cork with an eagle eye. Eventually one took the hook and he reeled it in all by himself. We sat there for close to 4 hours and the only time he would move was to cast or reel. He was so excited with his first fish that I put it off to the side and brought it to get mounted when we got home to hang in his room. Show it off now, and use it to make fun of him when he gets older. I dropped the fish off the last week of July and got the call Tuesday afternoon that it was ready!

First Fish.jpg

Fish mounted.jpg