View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 03:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Well, not too much to show, the boat is getting really close. We built the top that will cover the motor. And have that gel coated. We have all the steering installed, all the cables and wiring installed. We just got the bottom paint in, and we’ll probably float the boat tomorrow to mark the line to paint the bottom. Had a small holdup with the pistons for the motor that I’m building for this thing, probably have that done by early next week and we should be fishing next week as well. It’s going to be tight, we’ll see when we get her wet. I’ll post some pictures of the first run and probably some video so everybody can celebrate with me. I’m worn out and need some time out fishing now…

Here’s the motor box. Weighs about 10 pounds, which is very light for it’s size. If I had more money, I would have done it with Carbon Fiber and corecell, but the way it is I used 1708 glass, just one layer, and then the 1 inch corecell.

And then I was in for a big surprise when the seat I bought off of eBay came in. It’s 100 percent rotten on the base. So I had to dig out all the old rotten plywood, and we were careful not to damage the outside shell, which was glass, and then we just replaced the wood with epoxied local light weight wood. Kind of cool I got to save a little more weight, here’s the seat base after we redid it and sprayed it with Gelcoat. All the arms look good, it was just the bottom,