View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 10:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Lot's of good points.....

Here is more.......
LaTech consistently ranks as one of the top engineering options in the country. It also offers one of only two cyber engineering schools in the country.

While McNeese does have alumni that support the school........MOST alumni of MOST Louisiana colleges are more willing to spend 15 million to buy a coaches contract out to fire him than support the education of kids or the arts.

That is just a fact.

Until we as a state become as proud of our students as we are about our student atheletes, we will never clean up the system
I've always liked art, love photography....waste of money at a university. Drop the liberal arts programs. They are a drain, and I would be willing to bet the employment rate of liberal arts graduates in their field is much lower compared to business and the sciences.

Why do you think JBE used the loss LSU football as a threat? Dude isn't stupid. He knows all these morons will be up in arms to do whatever it takes to not lose their fooseball. Those are the people that fail to realize the tigers belong to Louisiana State UNIVERSITY, a place of higher learning.

This isn't just a Louisiana problem. Just look at sports today versus 50 years ago. The best player in baseball might have made $130k a year back then. Now they might make $30 million a year. Our society as a whole puts more emphasis on sports and less on an education. Hell, they even lower the standards in some places (EBR *cough*).

A cultural change is needed, and that is not an overnight change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk