View Single Post
  #12  
Old 02-18-2016, 10:33 PM
Baychamp1 Baychamp1 is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 219
Cash: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I bought one from Texas, and it was a bit of a pain and took a while but eventually got it done with only having to pay taxes on the trailer at the dmv. If I remember right I needed:

Notarized bill of sale and copy of owners drivers license for the trailer since it had no TX title. Done at dmv, have to pay taxes on the trailer value stated on the bill of sale (I put $200 value, didn't know how low I could get away with).

Notarized bill of sale for hull and motor along with signed titles.

Had to print out a paper from the Louisiana Department of Revenue website and have it signed by the parish tax assessors office showing I didn't owe any local taxes since it was bought from an individual and not a dealer.

I then had to mail all the tax paperwork to LDR, which mailed me the paperwork back showing I owed no state taxes.

Then sent all the necessary paperwork to LDWF and finally got my stickers.

Bought the boat beginning of May, finally got my stickers in the week before teal season, and got checked by the coast guard going down the ICW opening day, so I know I'm good.

Next boat I buy will be a LA one, good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Bought a new boat in Texas from a dealer so I did owe LDR , plus school board, & DMV taxes, major pain in the ***
Reply With Quote