View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseFishing View Post
The last two days I had Mr. Billy Carter in town. He wanted one day of trout fishing and one day of redfishing. On Tuesday (5-3-16) we waited for the weather window that was to be mid day and headed out of Tradewinds Marina with live shrimp. It was still a bit rough on the way out and I was planning on fishing Timbalier island. When we arrived at the island the water was so dirty I knew it would be a waste of time. I decided we should run a little further east looking for some clean green water and we found it. About that time the wind settled down a bit and I casted a double rig out and as soon as it touched the water I had two fish on. I had Mr. Billy throwing live shrimp and hurried up and switched him over to plastic. We caught em on pearl white with black and purple flake swimbaits. Today (5-4-16) we launched at Jug's in Dularge with 3 dozen crab and hit the pass. We waited and waited and nothing wanted to eat yet. I was marking stacks of bull reds and drums but something was up. The tide was right so I'm not sure. We made a long move and set up on a good spot. I wasn't marking anything but after 5 minutes the bite went off. Nothing special about this place as it was the same as the other place just these fish were hungry. So Mr. Billy caught 5 bull reds and released 3 keeping two for the pit. The man is a beast when it comes to fishing. We got back to the lodge and what does he do, goes throw another line out for catfish off the dock. Much a pleasure Mr. Billy, you're always good company.

Capt. Rob Dupont
Impulse Fishing Charters
225-776-9820
www.impulsefishingcharters.com
www.facebook.com/impulsefishing
Instagram @impulsefishing
How can one angler keep 2 bulls in a day? Limit is 1 over 27"