View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 06:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
Thanks brother.......we need them......spent Sunday volunteering with my bateau only Monday night to loose most every material possesion myself......

saved guns, jewelry and a few other things.......I had my waders on so I even left with no shoes.....

In a 6 hour period we got three feet.....in another 12 we got another three.......

go measure in your home and see where that mark is.........it's unreal.

I am a relatively composed guy, but this has me in tears off and on all day.

30 years of accumulation ........gone........my wife is trying her best but it's tough.

the grand baby lifts our spirits but she senses the pain.
my man gave where all my "man" stuff is.......coleman stoves, a life's collection of rare cast iron, my knife collection, my benjamin pump collection......countless gun cases and just "Stuff" that I have treasured for decades....gone.......only an outdoorsman can appreciate the loss of your very "first" of hunting things......that you have saved

My God is good and He saved me. Got us out safely......
ironically I was just pretty "deliberate" with a guy over not calling me back to do a 65K remodel.....imagine that !!?? had I spent that out of pocket than lost it all??

Soooooo many without flood insurance......we have it........just no contents......my out of pocket remodel will replace most of that.

When you have a small farm........it's a LOT of 'contents'........

Having a glass of wine right not at a business associates house......hopefully he can put up with me for a few more nights......LOL

Sorry to hear that, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.