View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Reread what I said! I did not say it is not in those states. I said it does not occur anywhere near our borders. The only records this far in Arkansas and Texas are in the northern and central parts of those states, respectively. Far enough away that no deer is walking from one of those areas to our state. Doesn't mean it won't spread across the state, but we aren't in danger of that right now.

But you just said there isn't enough research to say that it can't be developed without contact, which also means there hasn't been enough research to show that it can. So how can you say it was "most likely" never introduced? You're just assuming to make your point.

Sure, logically speaking, one could ASSUME that it developed there. But just because it MAY develop without any contact from infected deer, we shouldn't do anything? That makes perfect frickin sense.

The more important question is this: how, in nearly 50 years, have we not figured out how CWD develops in areas where it was not documented before? And what makes an animal prone to develop CWD in an area with no previous known infections?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Right, I don't think there is enough research to warrant any decisions or laws concerning this disease. The research that is available though points more towards CWD being a much lesser threat than some agencies lead the general public to believe.