View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I guess the prize drawings might attract more people, but if you are giving away a prize that needs to bring in 6 more year subscriptions just to cover the cost of that one item(Yeti cooler shown earlier), I don't see it as a smart move on your part.

At the end of the day, we are paying to watch W and ASR fight like a couple of teenage girls and Shrky post pics that we can easily find elsewhere for free. It's a hard sale to make a most of us that are contributing are doing it out of the kindness of our hearts. I wish I had the magical solution for you.

I agree, giveaways are a catch 22 trap since your chasing your tail there.

at some other websites im at they have yearly donation drives to offset costs each year and it works well since money from banner ads only go so far, you should think about setting up a yearly time to have a "keep the website running" donation drive and a site I moderate at find it has the most success with it when done just before Christmas when people are in better spirits and in a more giving mood. they have the drive in the month of November, so its not too close to Christmas where money is getting scarce, but still close enough to catch that giving spirit time of year. you could even throw in a choice of a salty Cajun tee shirt or cap as a thank you gift for any donation of $20 or more.

to go along with the fund raiser you could do a summer fishing tournament with half proceeds going to fund the site and not worry about having big prizes since most just want the bragging rights anyway. something like total prize payout in the under $400 range for the whole thing. maybe its just me, but I think lower prize amounts and smaller entrant fees would see more people would enter even if they may have to back out at the last minute and just consider it as another donation to the site

Last edited by keakar; 10-05-2016 at 02:56 PM.