View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy View Post
Good job all the way around sir.

Care to share that recipe?
Sure. Pour a 16oz can of beer, preferably a cheap, heavy, malty beer like Schmitz, 2 cups white vinegar and 3 cups water in a pot (if your pot is real big around use more of each so you don't boil it dry). Add a head of garlic smashed, some bay leaves, cloves and a bit of crawfish boil seasoning to the pot. I also make 3 big balls of aluminum foil and toss them in the pot to keep the basket above the liquid. I punch a hole in the bottom shell of each crab right below the mouth th help the seasoning get in. Layer crabs in the basket sprinkling seasoning mix over each layer until the basket is full. Put the basket in the pot and cover, fire up the jet burner. Once you see steam start timing and steam for 20 minutes, the smell is crazy good. While they steam I take care of piercing shells on the next batch. Previously I've done them pretty spicy and they took the seasoning better than I expected. This time I made them a bit milder, just salt and a little old bay and let the flavor of the crabs shine through. I think they were better with less seasoning, just a hint of old bay flavor.