View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 03:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 3-31-17 Windy and Slow Bite

Got to the Calcasieu Point around 6am. They had live shrimp so I grabbed me a qt and just by looking at the water here and how bad it stained up and fresh looking since Wednesday i pointed the Ole Bay Stealth south and headed straight for west cove. Not a whole lot better down here but more salty for sure. Fished the south entrance on hard incoming tide but only managed one nice trout. Cranked up and headed for south West Bank to get out of wind some and very first cast caught this 4 pounder! Idk how though! I thought it was bigger they way it came out the water and slapped that tail! Just as I went to net it it took off pulling drag and straight into the trolling motor. Glad I didn't have hand on line cause it would of snapped it like one did later on. After getting it out trolling motor and on deck of boat I realized it's not the 6 pound plus I thought it was. But right at 24" and just the one I needed and been looking for! Power pole down and I sat there from 9 to 11:15 many times almost picking up to leave but every time I did I'd put another in boat. The bite was really slow and they hit it really soft and never even fought that hard til almost at the boat. Cool front must have slow. Fun trip and exactly what I been waiting for since Nov 30th of last year. Not sure if I'll brave the winds tomorrow or not. Also it's Saturday and 'W' hit it on the head with one of his post awhile back saying fishing Saturdays is like going Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, just don't make sense!!! Lol . But I sure wants some more and didn't even get to fish in big lake at all and still want to go check out black lake. Today though it was all west cove! Man I needed that!! Good luck everyone and tight lines!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1137.jpg (62.5 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1136.jpg (67.4 KB, 350 views)

Last edited by MEM1971; 03-31-2017 at 03:38 PM.