View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

We have several tractors and my favorite is my John Deere 950. Dad has a 50hp Kubota HST cabbed with a loader and 4x4. FYI, if you change all the filter for the HST, engine, and add the oil you are looking at well over $400. I like the tractor but the upkeep is a little much imo. If I was to get a new tractor it would be a geared tractor instead of HST. If you are mowing look for one with the industrial tires instead of Ag tires. Also, I have mowed with and with out a cab, ever been stung in the ribs by a big hornet? ...lol

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with Kubota or Deere, the Kubota will be the better deal in most cases. We had 3 Kubota tractors, 3 Kubota lawn mowers, and my Deere....they worked all the same. The new Kubota cab cabbed tractor had an a/c issue, king pin issue (pops over loaded the front end moving some stuff), and a blown fuse. He blew out a window leaving the door open and my cousin blew out the front glass with his dually. It has about 2000 hours on it. It is a great all around size but has some power, the loader and 4x4 are well worth the money.