View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 7-1-17 Scout trip

it wasn't very good. Only the very south banks in big lake, west cove, and south west bank in black lake had decent water. that being said still could not see foot of trolling motor in lake and west cove. I caught two nice trout and several nice size flounder in west cove. Caught a dozen or so trout under birds in washout area. Could of came back with a limit of fish but I was mainly looking for areas to fish today with a buddy of mine. neither of us care that much for fishing birds and both love to fish ship channel this time of year. O I should mention that I did not run the east bank. Anyway I ended up pushing our trip back til Wednesday. fishing rodeo and holiday will have passed by then and most people back to work. All the decent areas were covered with boats. Tides were not that great but there were a lot of bait fish all over. The birds working in washout were over trout chasing shrimp in water that looked like chocolate milk. Just nasty out there. Not suppose to be this way in July. I'm not sure it will be any better by the 5th but doubt it could get much worse. I did not see many guides and the ones that did fish likely went to Sabine. But I'm just guessing of course. Hopefully I will have a better report for all Wednesday. O another thing. The reds have been on fire this year and I did not catch one red fish. I only targeted them in a few spots I normally catch them but they were not there.